Rules & Regulations
1. Optimum times will not be shared until the results are announced.
2. *NEW* Team names will be used for tracking points. It is the team members responsibility to enter using the same team name at each hunter pace if they would like to be considered for a series end award. A team is defined as two or more riders who ride together at each hunter pace. The team must enter the same class at a minimum of 4 out of the 7 hunter paces to be eligible for a series end award.
4. Teams of each recognized Hunt receive accumulated points for the Robert Lee Hall Memorial Trophy. If a team has members from more than one Hunt, they must designate which Hunt is to receive points.
5. Attire: Formal hunt or ratcatcher attire encouraged. All riders are required to wear approved riding helmets when mounted. Safety vests are recommended. No sneakers or chaps will be allowed.
6. Liability form/waiver must be signed by each rider with their entry. Juniors must have a parent or legal guardian sign their form.
7. Each course will be ridden within 48 hours of the pace to set the optimum time or an average will be used. Time is set with the first team rider out and ending with the last team rider to cross the finish line.
8. Juniors are 18 years and younger. Two (2) Juniors are necessary for a Junior Team, except a rider 9 years or under may ride with an adult and classify as a Junior Team.
9. Proof of a negative Coggins Test dated within 12 months of the event is required.
10. Class #1: Fast Time Over Fences will begin at 10:00 AM. All other classes will be run concurrently at the conclusion of this class. For the safety of other riders, no high/fast riders will be permitted on course once this class closes (generally before noon).
The entry fee is $25 per horse/rider combination, per ride. The same combination may ride in multiple classes and/or in the same class on a different team.
Ribbons, Points, & Trophies Six ribbons awarded in each class.
Classes & Trophies
1. Fast Time Over Fences
Fences 3-36. Competition for hunt teams over a course of fair hunting country over a distance of 2.5-4 miles. Fastest team wins.